Let’s Generate Blog Post Ideas
During my pre-mommy days when I was working for one of the largest Fortune 500 companies I used this one tool most often to find solutions to problems. It is extremely simple and straightforward but it works really well to generate a lot of ideas in a short amount of time!
So I figured if it worked to solve issues on the manufacturing floor, it will definitely work in the blogging world too!
Be sure to also check out the 25 Blog Post Ideas for when you need inspiration
Steps to Generate Blog Post Ideas
- Get out a sheet of paper and a pen
- Draw a Fishbone Diagram (as seen in the image below)
- Fill in your reader’s greatest problem in the circle
- Label each vertical with the big factors that cause your reader’s problem.
- On each vertical, write down the secondary causes of the problem.
- Address each of these causes in a blog post to truly help your readers!
- This can easily generate 18 post ideas in one sitting that will directly help your followers.
A successful blog always focuses on transforming its readers lives. Those are the types of blogs that do well and grow a following.
Here is an example of a fishbone diagram for the problem “I can’t lose weight as a mom.” See all the ideas that can come from this.
Download the Free Printable
Download the free printable of the Fishbone Diagram to generate blog post ideas!
- Learn more about Fishbone Diagrams from iSixSigma
- See all the factors that influence your SEO using a Fishbone Diagram
Please Share & Comment
100% Free Blogging Course!
Get the exact plan I followed to grow my blog from $0 to over $9,000 per month in my first year.